2010年8月18日星期三

Will this oil filter work on my car?

I found a brand new S3387A oil filter in my garage. Will this work on my 1992 Buick Century?Will this oil filter work on my car?
If your Buick is a 3.8 liter this small STP S3387A is the same size as a PF-47 AC-Delco. Don't trust it one inch unless it's absolutely clean with no rust around the oil filter gasket. You can buy a brand new fresh clean PF-47 at Walmart for under $4.00. An extended length PF-52 will give you more filtration capacity for the same price.





STP never made their own oil filters. They were flat rated out to the lowest bidder.Will this oil filter work on my car?
stp still makes filters, wow i thought they were obsolete, every other manufactuer has a similat part number, they use an oddball number system if memory serves me, i dont remember how to even read em, or maybe i have em confused with baldwin.
that filter fits some of teh engine options for that car but u need to make sure....go to fram.com and put in all ur info and see if part number is the same since fram uses same numbers as stp...if it calls for a 3387 ur good if not wont work.....
Maybe.


The 2.5 L. took a 3970





And the 3.3 L. took the 3387


So if you have the latter of these two engines, it's safe too use that new condition oil filter.

没有评论:

发表评论