2010年8月21日星期六

I'm having a problem with my oil filter.Can any one help?

I have a 94 Mitsubishi Eclipse and in the past week Ive gone through 4 oil filters and at least 10qts of oil.My step dad thinks someone stuck something in it to sabotage it.Every time he puts one on it pops out and all the oil comes gushing out and in the first filter I put on it had a black hard resin like substance crusted in the bottom of it.Im going crazy we cant figure out whats wrong!Please Help!I'm having a problem with my oil filter.Can any one help?
if you are bulging filters and blowing them off then the pressure releif valve for the oil pump is not opening.the junk you found in the first filter is probably part of a bigger problem that is causeing your trouble


the black stuff you found sounds like burn and baked on oil from low oil level ,poor quality oil or not changing oil enough


good luckI'm having a problem with my oil filter.Can any one help?
take the filter off and check to make sure that the old gasket is not stuck if it is then remove it you don`t need two of them that`s why it leeks
Without looking at it, it would be hard to know what's going on. You need to take it to a mechanic. Sorry :-(
maybe the shaft it screws onto is stripped. could have had the wrong filter on it at one time. damaging the shaft. double check the filter your trying to put on it might be the wrong one
Doug B is right. It's your oil pump pressure relief valve. Nothing else can cause this. I've had it happen to me. Pull your pan and get to the pump. It's probably full of sludge.

没有评论:

发表评论