2010年8月23日星期一

04 Xterra 2wd V6 40000 miles, do i have any maintenance issues coming up? I do regular oil/filter changes?

I change my oil regularly, around 3000 miles. I also change my air filter every other oil change. I recently cleaned my throttle body with one of those spray type cleaners. I went to the ';stealership'; 3 months ago for a state inspection and they told me to buy one of their expensive maintenance package which included a whole bunch of checks. Should I pull the trigger or should I attempt to do them myself? Do I need to flush the coolant and tranny oil anytime soon? Maybe check the brake pads and shoes for wear? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks04 Xterra 2wd V6 40000 miles, do i have any maintenance issues coming up? I do regular oil/filter changes?
Stick to the manufacturers recommendations in the owners manual. Often dealers and fast lube places push for services that aren't needed. You don't need to change the air filter so often. Every 15-20k miles is more than adequate. You can drain the coolant and replace it but your vehicle may have a long life coolant installed which doesn't need changing until 5 years or 100k miles. You should rotate the tires every 6k miles. That allows you to check the brakes at the same times. At around 60k miles I would do a full tune up like the replacement of the fuel filter, plugs, wires etc.
  • green makeup
  • 没有评论:

    发表评论