2010年8月21日星期六

What kind of oil should I use in my 2005 Ford Explorer XLT 5w-30 or 10w-40 and what kind of oil filter?

I am going to change my oil in the truck and this is the first time I've done so...so not sure what to use..What kind of oil should I use in my 2005 Ford Explorer XLT 5w-30 or 10w-40 and what kind of oil filter?
Read your owner's manual. That is why the company supplies one. Your answer will be clearly stated in the manual.What kind of oil should I use in my 2005 Ford Explorer XLT 5w-30 or 10w-40 and what kind of oil filter?
Your owners manual will list the types of oil you can use and what temperature range they will hold up to. But 5W-30 is the normal year round oil. It should be printed on the oil cap as well. If the engine has worn engine parts such as worn lifters, you may want to go with 10W-30 as the thinner oil could cause the worn parts to stick. Had an old ford I accidentally put 5W-30 in, and one of my lifters got stuck. Quick fixed it with some engine restore from car quest and new oil.
Go with Castrol GTX 5-30 oil and either a Mobil 1 oil filter or a K%26amp;N Gold Oil Filter Model HP-2010, These are some of the few top of the line oil filters, you also wanna check your mileage on your car if it has passed the 75,000 mark go with 10-30 if not stay at 5-30 the more mileage on your car equalls thicker oil due to seals get worn out due to heat and driving conditions which require thicker lubrication to prevent heat and sludge breakdown.
5w20 oil, doesnt matter what brand, just dont go cheap. the filter i would use either napa progold, or a mobil 1 filter. oh, and depending on the motor it might take 6 quarts.
Look in your manual. You may need to put in 5w-20. But go with what the book says. The oil pump was designed to pump a certain type of oil. Anything thicker may damage the oil pump.
read ur owners manual it should tell u. since itsa big motor u should use 5w 30. but dont listen to tat if u put 5w30 oil in ur truck and its really should be 10w30 u will really mess up u motor. my advice lokk in your owners manuel
5w30





10w40 is way to thick





and any filter but fram

没有评论:

发表评论