2010年7月28日星期三

Where is the oil filter/cannister on a 2006 BMW 530i.?

I have searched the internet. It appears as though some oil filter cannisters are underneath the car and some can be viewed towards the front of the engine. I see a cap when I open the hood but the cannister doesn't appear to be large enough to house a filter. Please let me know.Where is the oil filter/cannister on a 2006 BMW 530i.?
If memory serves me. On that car the oil filter is on the bottom of the car behind the oil pan. The filter housing has its own drain plug that you can release before actually removing the oil filter. You can drain the filter and the pan at the same time. The oil filter housing uses an allen socket and the oil pan can take either a 17mm socket or an allen socket, depending on which has been installed.

没有评论:

发表评论