2010年7月30日星期五

I replaced an oil filter with a different part#?

2001 kia spectra calls for purolator l14612 and I replaced it with a l14610 a slightly bigger filter. It fits perfectly, could this be a problem?I replaced an oil filter with a different part#?
If the threads, clearance, and seal are the same, there should be no problem, but I would advise sticking with the part number the manufacturer recommends. The bypass release may require different pressure, or there might be some other difference. Both Ford and Chevrolet have identical filters, except one is longer than the other, and the part number is different. Be sure to keep a close eye on your oil pressure gauge and level, and watch for leaks.I replaced an oil filter with a different part#?
as long as it fits and does not leak oil when running your good to go.

没有评论:

发表评论