2010年7月28日星期三

How do i get my oil filter off of my 94 chevy beretta?

i have tore this oil filter almost to nothing and it still want come off if u need a pic of what im dealing with i will gladly send someone please helpHow do i get my oil filter off of my 94 chevy beretta?
You need an oil filter wrench.





What it looks like is a strap of steel in a loop, connected to a handle. You slip it over the filter, and as you pull to turn it, it tightens in a death-grip, so it doesn't slip like the socket kind that slips off the end of the filter.





Go to any parts store and ask. Piece of cake.How do i get my oil filter off of my 94 chevy beretta?
If you have already torn it, you just need to keep going until it comes off.


Next time, use a filter wrench (inexpensive tool).


For now, drive a long-handled screw driver all the way through the filter and keep turning it until the filter comes loose.


Don't forget to dab a little oil on the rubber gasket of the new filter before putting it on. Then hand tighten it and give it an additional 1/4 turn with a filter wrench, no more. Do not over tighten the new filter.
Use a punch, or a really long nail and hammer it through the filter. Your not going to reuse it anyway. you can twist it by the nail, it makes it way easier. I do it in tight spots where my oil filter wrench or strap wrench wont work.

没有评论:

发表评论