2010年7月28日星期三

Do i really NOT have to change my engine oil or filter for 6000 miles if i'm using a full synthetic?

I have always changed my engine oil at or before 3000 miles.I have never used a full synthetic motor oil before.Do i really not have to change the oil or filter for 6000 miles if i'm using a full synthetic motor oil like ive heard?Do i really NOT have to change my engine oil or filter for 6000 miles if i'm using a full synthetic?
A lot of this is going to depend on your driving habits. As was previously mentioned, if you're really romping on the motor you might want to think about shorter intervals. On the other end of the spectrum is the little old lady that just drives her car to church and the grocery store once a week. The car never heats up and condensation mixes with the oil to form sludge.





I would try going to 5000 miles. You can get an oil analysis done for pretty cheap. Just stop by any big truck stop that services the big diesels and ask them. You might find that your oil is good to 25,000 miles doing that. Or you might find that you need to change it every 3000. Oil analysis will tell you about the actual properties of the oil. Using a generic marker like mileage or hours just doesn't do that.





As a side note...your oil might be good for 6000 miles or beyond, but I doubt your filter will be. The ';good'; ones that don't clog up as fast last that long because they don't filter as well. However, on most cars you can change the filter and only have to add maybe a quart of make-up fluid.Do i really NOT have to change my engine oil or filter for 6000 miles if i'm using a full synthetic?
It's entirely up to you...





You don't HAVE to do anything...





I have a friend who has NEVER changed the oil or filter in his car, and he's rolling up on 70,000 miles...





you will get the best protection if you change both however, and filters are cheap, so why not change them while you're changing the oil anyway?
I would stick to about 5k miles for a synthetic oil change but the main thing is your driving habits. I know people who change their oil every 2k because they race. I know a few who drag race that change it after each time they go to the track.

没有评论:

发表评论